Sunday, July 01, 2007

The SnB group was absolutely fabulous on Thursday night. On of the ladies present said I could become a Master Knitter. Out of pure curiosity, I looked up the basic qualifications and let’s just say I want to finish all of my education before embarking on that road.

I finally cast-on the Younger Twin’s shawl/blanket. She really likes the colors and even helped me work on it during Church. As for my Cable-Down Raglan, one of the sleeves is almost done. I want to modify the sleeves into a bell-sleeve; but how would that look? And do I want to or is it a passing phase? I shall probably end up putting the stitches on waste yarn while debating the issue at the next SnB.

The family and some extended family had lunch here today. That was quite noisy, everyone having tons of fun. Best of all, I was promoted up to the grown-up table without needing a bigger seat (long story, abridged: some tables are too high for me to sit at, requiring the location of a taller chair).

I accidentally took Sir Thomas Browne with me the other day instead of Jonathon Swift. However, I did finish Browne and will be taking a mental break by reading Jane Austen next. She is quite a lovely author.