Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Quad

I got a call last night from Mom asking me to come over and watch The Quad (The Twins + their BFFs) so she could show a house. Normally this is not a big deal, but she called just moments before Antique Roadshow. However, I did go down there. It ended up being one of those times when being a big sister just flat out rocks.

They stripped down to their panties in the back yard and ran through the sprinklers. Followed by a quick dry off and change of clothes in order to play in the dirt pile in the front yard. StepDad came home early and the two of us sat outside and watched The Quad get flithy. Two of the girls had sand just caked in their hair; thank the stars I thought to put everyone in the Twin's clothing rather than what they came in. When Mom pulled up, we went inside and had assembly-line showers. She washed, I dried and threw them on the big bed to watch Cars. Everyone got to wear an over-sized shirt, and while Mom cleaned up the bathtub (I'm talking serious sand and mud all over the place) I herded them to the kicten. 3 pentnut-butter and 1 ketup sandwiches later, I got to go home. Even the BFFs kissed me good-night, which just makes ya feel like they care.

I finally finished Barrie's Window in Thrums yesterday and it was wonderful. But I really need to get started on Swift's work. The back of the Younger Twin's sweater is done. I am using a British pattern book, which means small needles and short-row shaping of the sleeves. It is a bit odd, but I like using new methods.

Thursday is a big day, as I have an interview on campus for a job. Crossing my fingers on that one.