Sunday, July 22, 2007

go figure

If I grit my teeth and just keep pushing, I have a 50-50 shot of getting sick. If I go to the doctor early, 75-25 shot in favor of getting better. However, if I have something I want to do and is important to my life (like a roommate's wedding) then just forget even trying to predict the outcome.

The Maternal Grandparents left for St. Louis yesterday morning around 9. I was about half an hour away from leaving, as Friday I got car-sick just driving to the Post Office. But then, as I was finding shoes the world started to do some major spinning. There was plenty of time, so I thought I would just lay down for a moment. The StepPaternal Grandmother called at 1230 to see if anyone was home, as she had bought a roster lamp for the Maternal Grandmother and did not want to leave it on the front porch. Well, great. Just great. Needless to say, I got back into my pj's and crawled into bed.

Nothing got done this weekend. I did not even pick up my needles until this afternoon. However, as the Twins watched TV this morning (I did go over to get them dressed, but the three of us opted not to go to church), I did manage to read some of Sir Barrie's novel Window in Thrums. It is very delightful and will no doubt result in a completely new blog layout later this week.

The Maternal Grandparents got home less than an hour ago. They spent the weekend seeing a cosin. The strongest impression I have of that woman was when she told my sister and I that she wanted to take us to the petting zoo to pet the little bunny rabbits. We were, at the time, both in the upper portion of grade school. To date, I still only know and refer to her as the 'petting zoo cousin.'