Friday, July 13, 2007

highs and lows

My mobile phone is slowly dying, so I’m on Mom’s old one…also slowly dying but people are able to get through to me. My camera is dead, again; I am using Mom’s old one since I do not have the funds to get a new one. I suppose that now I know what to say when family asks what I want for my birthday. Still, this is just aggravating.

I stopped by the graduate office, just missing everyone I needed to talk to. My name is not on the tentative TA list, which just makes my heart sink. No idea where to go from here, except the loan office again.

However, the good news is that I can turn a heel using 2 circ needles. What would I do without my weekly knitting group? Whatever they wish to call themselves, knitting groups rock. Not only can they teach you new things, like turning a heel, they also help preserve your sanity. Better yet, they admire finished products, giving ones ego a nice boost.

According to the Maternal Grandmother, the tee-ball party was a disaster. A storm came in minutes before the beginning and the event had to be moved indoors. Not many people came, although a few straggled in late. We did have the cutest trophies; and everyone liked the little gift we put together for them. Mom had each girl (and the other coach) a pillow slip with their name and a grasshopper embroidered on it. There was also a little tackle box with craft stuff in it.

The pirate party was a huge success, as over 70 kids showed up.

I missed both events in order to pop over to the university and attend the SnB. Both Mom and the Maternal Grandmother (and Maternal Grandfather had I asked him) told me to go knit. They cited that I really look forward to my weekly knitting night and that all those kids would get to me. I honestly did not press or argue the matter.