Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Twins have been in Zoo Camp this week. The Elder is not nearly as thrilled about this as the Younger clearly is. Speaking of the Twins, the Elder wanted to play a make-believe game and the conversation went along these lines:

Elder: I’ll be queen and you be the servant.

Younger: I don’t want to be the servant.

Elder: But I’m older so you have to be the servant.

Younger: But I don’t want to.

Mom: Girls, lets drop the subject.

Elder: But I like this subject.

May God or whoever is in charge have mercy and protect their kindergarten teacher and all who follow.

Yesterday, I had a level two migraine. For someone who lived with them as long as I did without medication, one would suppose it would not have been a major occasion. Yet I took both a pill and nap to get over it.

I spent the day with the Maternal Grandmother in Collierville. She wanted to look at all the little shops and antique places. Turned out to be a very productive excursion; as I found artsy jewelry for several people on my Christmas shopping list. This list now includes the DC family. After a few talks with my Dad that included: “everyone loves your knitted gifts and they are very sweet, but,” I have decided not to knit that branch of the family anything. Sure, there is one project I want to finish that was designated as one of their gifts. However, someone else might be getting it instead. Or I might frog the stupid thing. I have not made up my mind yet.

This choice has been a bitter relief. For starters, there is that whole wool allergy thing and I adore working with yarn that is a renewable resource (like wool or bamboo since both can be re-grown by a sheep or plant, respectfully). And I really don’t think the mohair wrap (a pain to work with but a beautiful product) went over too well with my StepMom. All the same, now I have tons of knitting time that goes into other projects. And I have started knitting some things for me which is a very strange experience.

On a more pleasant note, I ordered some bamboo circulars on eBay. They came in yesterday and are a dream to work with. Now I have the materials to work socks on 2 circulars. Although I really should finish the Cable-Down Raglan and shawl/blanket for the Younger Twin before I start thinking about a new technique and project. Who am I kidding? I have a list of 13 things I want to knit. Yes, 2 socks on circular needles are on that list.