Monday, August 27, 2007

yet another day...

...in which I just want to scream.

Saturday was jam-packed, even though I had no plans whatsoever. I was volunteered to be the bouncer on one of those Bounce 'Rounds at the church building. The Mothers-of-Children-Under-the-Age-of-Seven had a party that was not well thought out. Did they really expect a lot of children to automatically form a line and wait their turn? There were close to 10 children in that thing when I walked over there; as well as anytime I walked away to get a coke. Not fun at all.

Sunday, there was a preacher-tryout. He seemed decent enough. Sermon was not all that bad.

Today, the I-40 bridge was down. Something about a support column, but I haven't heard two stories alike enough to say what was going on. I ran over to campus to speak to the new prof who was very cool. Nearly all of my books have been bought, which is extremely nice as classes start tommorrow. My TA buddies are very nervous and not completely sure what to do just yet. No surprise there, as they started teaching today and their first class where they learn how to teach starts tommorrow afternoon.