Thursday, August 23, 2007

Another Hot Day

I finished Jean Rhys' Good Morning, Midnight. It has not done much to put me in a better mood. In fact, after finishing the Part I; I had to escape me for awhile. Meaning, I spent two whole hours at Stash. The owner was cool about it, so no worries there. However, since I did have to finish the book before the semester starts on Tuesday, I sat down this afternoon and forced myself through the rest of it. Don't think about the words, just read. Underline key points and start important paragraphs. The words are dead, they cannot affect me unless I let them. So do not let them.

The Elder Twin's skirt has been blocked, therefore I may seem at the SnB tonight. I am really hoping the knitting matriarch will be able to come today. She needs an hour and a half holiday.

As for WIPs, well there is just the scarf in my purse. Saturday I am casting on some sale yarn to make the City Shrug in the Fall 2006 Knitscene. It will probably look horrible on me, but I want to make it.