Thursday, August 02, 2007

I failed my job as Dog Restrainer. That’s right, I was told to hold the dimwitted dog while Mom went out the door with her arms full and I let go too soon. The last time the dog ran out, he was caught by some neighbors and spent the day with them. Unlike my Puppy, this dog takes an hour or two to come home when not detained by someone. Younger Twin is distraught and not even the honor of feeding the outside cat has cheered her up. This white cat has been here a week and shows no signs of leaving anytime soon. Mom told the Twins not to pet or let this cat in, but they could feed it. It has been here so long that I have started calling it Porcelain. If the critter is going to be here awhile, it might as well have a name.

The Younger Twin’s sweater is coming along quickly. Taking the advice of the SnB, I am putting spots on the giraffe. I think it looks hideous and want to frog it; however, the Younger Twin thinks it is so cute and the non-knitters think it looks fine. Hence the decision to wait and see how it turns out: I can always frog later. I really wish I had a working camera and laptop to show it off. But I should be getting the laptop back before the weekend. Another nice thing to have was a pattern for a little girl’s skirt that does not involve working in the round.


Oh good, the black pom-pom has returned. And in less than an hour--what a record.