Friday, August 17, 2007

Big Stressful Days

Wednesday, I came to a life-altering decision. I am not going to be an English professor. I am going to be a librarian. Everyone I have told this to, thus far, has been very supportive. But most importantly, I feel a thousand times better. The whole, TA not working out thing just felt wrong. Besides, I can always research, conference, publish. At least this way, I will be missing the pressure to do these things while teaching. All the same, it feels as though I am copying a page from my friend, the Pirate Liberian. While I have been working all summer to read as much of the Fall's required reading as humanly possible; she has been reading for fun. I am so jealous.

Since I have changed lanes, I had to drop the class on how to teach writing (took that as an undergrad anyways). This means another class had to be added. A whole new class with a whole new book-list to read and a large dent in my credit card. May the books please be in on time. At least I know the prof comes with high recommendations. Stars, I just realized I need to drop my fluff class.

I spent most of Thursday, seeing my Sister and Step-Siblings off. After that, I watched The Twins until Mom got home. SnB felt like a much needed holiday, even if I spent most of my time knitting one swatch.

This morning, I helped Mom get The Twins to their first day of kindergarten. The Elder gives education a week, then she plans to talk about other options. I do not want to be present when she finds out education takes a bit longer than a single week. Mom and I also took Puppy to the Vet's to brush her teeth and remove a growth. That was far more upsetting/nerve-racking than kindergarten. However, the Vet says she can go home in a few hours and everything was just fine.