Monday, August 06, 2007

Why are all my recent posts so long?

My book came in today! I now have in my library, The Plays of J. M. Barrie printed in 1948. So it is not a first edition, but I have it. Best yet, it is an old library book and has that pressed on laminated dust jacket therefore the scrapbook tape I use to secure a page and fix a tear is beyond acceptable. No real value, but I love it. Thus far, I have read three of his one act plays. Each and every one of them is brilliant in its own way. He manages to capture the human experience, though only one instant in each plays; it is completely universal. And guess what? My Modern British Novel prof posted a booklist, and Sir James M. Barrie’s The Little White Bird made the list. I was beside myself with joy, as several people can vouch for. Not even the fact that I lost the eBay auction on Barrie’s Peter Pan in Kensington Garden can dampen the day.

In any case, I finished Part II and started Part III of Swift’s novel. I must say that his poetry is much better, despite his harsh criticism of the human race.

I have managed to finish 10 of the 27 cm needed for Younger Twin’s sleeves. I am determined to finish them by Friday night. Really before Thursday’s SnB. BTW, it is really hard to keep track of my knitting while reading Barrie. Any other text or author I can manage both.

My car won’t go backwards. The mechanic is set to take out the trans-thingy in the morning; probably when The Twins, Mom, this week’s Sitter, and I are arriving at Chuck E. Cheese. The Younger BFF of The Twins is having her b-day party there.

The regular Sitter is having an operation this week and will not be back for six. The woman who was suppose to watch them (she is like a sister and was married in late December, we carpooled last semester before the world fell apart) for this length of time cancelled last night. I did not catch all the details, and really do not care to. I am just glad that the regular Sitter’s granddaughter could step in this week as the Elder Twin has decided that I exists to annoy and do her bidding. Little sisters.