Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Oh look, another early post

Why is the Swift novel taking so long to finish? I know that I am taking the time to actually make notes, but I feel as though pages are being added without my notice. The fact that I have both a Virginia Woof novel and Barrie’s waiting to be read does nothing for my patience at all. Okay, so I have several of these authors’ works I want to read. And books from my Fall Novel class are on their way. I really, really need to finish Swift.

I wish yesterday could be blotted out from the calendar. Mom had one of her migraines yesterday, and while I have more of them than she does; mine at least allow me to keep going—somewhat. Hers, by contrast, give the impression of a stroke and she pretty much has to sleep them off, no meds. Since I lack wheels at the moment and was already over there, I took care of the Twins while she took care of her migraine. The Twins did not seem to care either way. After Mom woke up, we went to the local hamburger and milkshake place. It was Bike Night and we know some people that show up. With all this, and The Twins being tired and clingy, the day just refused to end.

The stash has experienced an explosion. I do remember buying each and every new skien of yarn, so there is none of that 'yarn-amnesia' sort of thing. You know, when you find yourself in the car with either no memory of being in a yarn shop or no memory of purchasing the yarn. Yet there it is, all nice and neat in a bag with a credit card receipt in the passenger seat. Therefore I should not be surprised to discover that the trunk is getting full again, despite the 4 travel and 2 medium size Space Bags used to sort the stash. Speaking of sorting the stash, I really need to take pictures of it. The truly sad part is that with the exception of Stash (the new yarn store in town) and that huge break-down at Michael's when I just had to start a big project, I have not bought more than $15 at each yarn shopping spree. Is that even considered a spree? No matter what, it does appear as though there has been quite a large growth spurt inside the trunk.