Friday, August 03, 2007

warning: long post

Animal Control had to take the white cat away after it scratched the Younger Twin; she did absolutely nothing to prompt the episode. I am not sure if Animal Control actually caught the cat or if it just left. I do know that the animal people were called twice. Thankfully, the Twin has recently gotten all her kindergarten shots and is on antibiotics. And it was a scratch not a bite.

The job interview went well, I suppose. I am working for the StepPaternal Grandmother this afternoon, though.

I have finally gotten to the body of the mommy giraffe and the baby’s neck. Younger Twin loves it. I personally cannot wait to be finished. I think I’ll knit both sleeves at the same time. SnB was great; we ended up at a newly-reopened yarn store called Stash. It has a killer sale and they let us stick around and knit on whatever until the store closed at 8. The cool part was knitters from the regular knit-night they have there came as well, so there was a whole new group of people to knit with. One knitter that did not stay got a little overwhelmed when we started talking about the different sock techniques we use.

But not to exclude the Elder Twin, here’s a story that took place while I was SnB-ing last night. Mom and the Elder Twin were at home by themselves, the Younger was at the Maternal Grandparent’s. Mom was feeling pretty good and was trying to get some work done when the Elder comes in and says, “I need to catch the bus for school.”
Mom: School hasn’t started yet, the busses aren’t running.
Elder: Well, I better call them.
She goes to the phone and starts dialing.
Mom takes away the phone: The busses aren’t running yet.
Elder: Well I’ll just walk to school.
She gets her backpack on and goes out the door, heading down the road. Mom has to run out the door and drag Elder back. They go to the Maternal Grandparents, Mom with an armload of papers to work on and the Elder Twin upset that she missed the bus.

Well, I am off to get my computer and run some errands.