Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Highs and Lows

Early this morning, I took Puppy to get her bandage off. It was not a nice ordeal for me to undergo. She was up on the table shaking then the vet assistant put a muzzle on her. This is all before the vet came in. Puppy now has some very tender red spots on her belly. We go back next week to get her stitches out. Someone else will have to take her, I know I would not be the best person in the room for her.

On to brighter things. Such as the fact that my Modern Brit Novel prof really is going to rock. Next week, I get to present Sir Barrie's text to the class. How cool is that? Well, not very actually. Most of my classmates think he is 'weird' and has 'creepy relationships.' Obviously, they have not read most of his works. If they had, they would not say such horrible things. Barrie is fanciful, yes. But 'strange' and 'creepy'? No.

I am having the worst time trying to cast on socks today. After a dozen attempts, I opted to knit a random amount of stitches in garter stitch. Lucky for me, the yarn is Lion Brand's Cotton Ease and I only need another 1.5 inches to make a washcloth. Pretty dull decorative wise, but still very much usable.

Oh, I nearly forgot. The Elder Twin's apple pies/tarts were a big hit yesterday. Her JRA is looking pretty good as well. She does have a sinus ifection but nothing to be concerned over.