Monday, August 20, 2007

Getting Ahead and Behind

Yea! I finished both the Ford novel (The Good Soldier) and Barrie's novel (The Little White Bird). Of course this means that now I must move on to other readings and such.

I have somehow managed to get behind in my knitting projects. Somehow this is related to getting my yarn ball winder back. I had hopes that I would be finished with The Elder Twin's skirt, but there are at least another five inches left to knit, then the seeming and blocking. Or maybe I should block and then seem. Either way, I need to outline the pictures in black embroidery thread. I did pick up a project that actually fits in my purse, a scarf that will be a Christmas present. Cream cashmere/merino wool in moss stitch.

Let's see, I went with Mom to the allergy doctor today. She is officially allergic to life. The only test she has to fail now is the thyroid test. But the doctor's new office is in a quaint little shopping area and I found a stationary shop. Now I can return to my letter writing, owing to the fact I now have sealing wax. I hate not being able to seal letters.

The Elder Twin is at the eye-doctors getting her biannual eye examine. (To make sure her JRA has not spread to her eyes.) Then both Twins are headed here to Mom's house for me to babysit until the StepDad comes home. Mom is showing tonight and has three closings in the upcoming week. Cool for her.