Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thor's Day is so Long

Today has been a twelve year day.

Went to Mom’s and got the girls ready using a new picture graph (why did no one think of this sooner?). After the Maternal Grandfather took them to Horse Camp, I ran errands for Mom who is feeling much better. She swears I gave her the PM version of whatever aspirin she takes. Either that or she was more tired than she realized.

At lunch, I changed cloths and put on makeup to help the StepPaternal Grandmother with a reception. Turns out the Governor and some other big names in State Politics were coming to hand out certificates and make speeches.

My copy of Helmut Lotti goes Classic Final Edition came in. I ordered it Monday. Thank you God, how many goats and lambs do I owe you for this? Seriously, this is amazing. Of course this means I will not be getting anything in the mail tomorrow, a first since Tuesday. That is quite alright.

The Grasshoppers lost—again. But we still have the cute uniforms. We have a make-up game tomorrow and Monday. I fail to see the point of these games, but someone would complain if we did not. I got hit with one of the bats tonight; does this exclude me for the rest of the season? There I was, double-knotting a girl’s shoe lace, when the stupid tee-ball bat attacks from the side. The worst part was that I could not swear, as there were more than one child under the age of six present. Besides, she did not mean to hit me and I would have felt terrible stating ‘poxed [and loose] greenshirt,’ the kid might have thought I was talking about her. I was ever so grateful that I left Lotti's CD in my purse. The Twins were forced to listen to him sing 'Greensleeves' as we rode home.

On the brighter side of life, I have discovered the wonderful qualities of a real cable needle instead of a double-point needle. It is almost as good as reading R. Browning while listening to Mozart. And how clichéd is that?