Monday, May 21, 2007

A Round of Shots for Everyone

Subbing was not a big deal today. In fact, it was almost fun. I was a buddy to a blind student and we had some problems with the Brailler. The student in question also wanted to talk more than work on math, apparently this is normal for any kid. I know I like being Ms. First Name better than Ms. Last Name. I cannot get by with being called the former when I am watching a large class. Everytime I hear Ms. Last Name, I look around for my Paternal Grandmother. It is just too weird. I might actually have to act like a responsible adult and not an older sister.

The LPN I see gave me a shot when I stopped by after school. She strongly urged calling the Neurologist to move up my appointment. In all honesty, I will not if it can be avoided at all. Once the sinus pressure backs off, life should improve dramatically. The LPN also saw Mom. Turns out Mom has an ear infection among other things I simply cannot spell. She was given a shot and sent home. I believe StepDad was also going to pop into the LPN for a shot.

The Twins have new bug boxes. Elder filled hers up with dirt and worms. As of last I saw them, Younger had nothing. Never fear, it will soon be full. Why did they get new bug boxes? Because we are bribing them to sleep in their own beds, they get a prize for every three nights they spend in their own rooms. Too bad I am too old to cash in on that.

The Grasshoppers (our tee-ball team) tied their first game last Thursday. I was in bed with a migraine and missed it. However, I know we have the best uniforms and are the cutest in them. No competition on that front.