Thursday, May 17, 2007

An Early Post for Once

I loath the week before a dance recital. All that unneeded stress and chaos over a costume, then there is the routine itself that has to be run over and over. We waited two hours yesterday to rehearse a number. Two hours in a room full of five-year old girls and they got tired of coloring after the first hour.

The Younger Twin cannot dance, by any stretch of the imagination. However, she looks adorable on stage in her outfit, three beats behind everyone else. She loves it. Cannot wait for the recital, therefore she will probably be enrolled next year.

Puppy and I have started walking in the mornings; she actually gets up and out of bed this early but only for a walk and breakfast. One of the Matriarchs suggested more exercise might help with the melancholy. As of yet, I am unsure if it is working; other than Puppy’s enjoyment of an extra walk. I have a feeling we will continue if only for this reason.

I miss the DC family being in town. The StepSister no. 2’s birthday is this month and I will not be seeing her. It was pretty cool taking her to a movie for her birthday or just because. My goal is to seen her present tomorrow, provided I dig up the new address. It is wrapped and ready to be shipped with a card; I just need to take it the five blocks to get posted.

The Cable-Down Raglan is making some progress, if only I did not have to tink it every now and then to correct a mistake. I have been fortunate enough to spot them within twenty stitches, but am still frustrated.