Tuesday, May 22, 2007

something clever should be here

The Twins and I (notice how often these words are together?) caught fireflies tonight. There must be close to twenty in the Younger’s bug box, granted we started with three in there already. But do they count, since they were already dead?

I have had to put down Orlando Furious, I keep seeing all the books and materials I need to be reading for the fall. Therefore, I have started Voltaire’s Candid. For such a slim text, I have already made many notes in it. Ah well, about 75 more pages before I can read another six cantos in Orlando. For those who have not read it, the book is such an outrageous parody of the chivalric romance genre that it is hard not to like it. At this rate, I should be finished by October. Such things are worth the extended reading time.

In knitting news, while doing some basic arithmetic today I discovered that I did not purchase yarn enough for the Cable-Down Raglan sweater. Short by less than 100 yards, there is only one remedy in sight—just break down and buy another skein. How frustrating. Of course a $4 skein will cost me $25 since I have to put in an order I might as well grab some other things. But that is a tomorrow thing.