Thursday, May 10, 2007

May 9th

The Maternal Grandmother is doing wonderful. In fact, she is feeling extremely restless despite the stream of visitors that have flown through.

My Neurologist approved a lower med dosage until our biannual appointment next month. Either it is starting to help, or I am too tired to feel anything. (Strongly leaning on the latter.) I started working for my StepDad’s lawn service today. The Paternal side of the family will no doubt want me to try to find something else but none of my applications have called me back. I pulled weeds, unplanted pansies, and planted marigolds for 6.5 hours today. Next week, I am subbing just about everyday. Between the family and working, I do not expect to feel anything for a few days.

On a brighter note, I am now well into Canto IV of Orlando Furioso. While it is not on the official summer reading list, I have been wanting to read this all semester. Besides, I need to have some light reading before diving into early reading for the fall (it’s called summer reading).

The Elder Twin told the family today that she planted a tree in the back of the Maternal Grandparent’s backyard and it took so long for it to grow. Problem with this: that particular tree is easily 90+ years old. Apparently she has an ego problem we are working through. The other day she told Mom, “I invented dirt.”

Mom’s reply, “You did not invent dirt. God did.”

Not missing a beat, Elder Twin: “Well, he got advice from me.”

May whoever is in charge today give us reinforcement, the kid is only five. Dance recital is next week, I think. I know they have two practices this week and their first tee-ball game on Tuesday.

Time to turn in, tomorrow has no intention of being short.