Thursday, May 24, 2007

Grasshoppers and Voltaire

The Grasshoppers lost by 5 runs, mostly because we do not know how to get people out. However, we made some pretty good plays. The Younger Twin actually caught the ball and Elder Twin hits really well. Ok, so it does not affect the free market but it matters to us here in are little nook of the world. Besides, we looked adorable in our uniforms. Our official picture will be the best of the lot. Such is the life of summer tee-ball.

StepSister no. 2 was glad to receive her birthday present early; even though it is not as great as its predecessors of the series. There is bound to be a bad book or two in a series, the law of average is a law and not a theory for a good reason. I do hope it picks up for her though.

In book news: I won the poetry book of Robert Browning. For once, I paid the same amount for shipping and the book itself. Not only that, but I have only 20 pages left to read of Voltaire. I am making notes every other paragraph in hopes it will cut down on time in the Fall. This book should be finished by the weekend. I should start looking over the next text on the list…later.

Not much progress on my needles, I find myself unwilling to knit before I have all the yarn I need for the project. Sure, there are five or seven balls I have to go through before I actually run out. Somehow that does not seem to matter. Hence the reason I threw a scarf on a spare set of needles. I should be finishing it sooner rather than later.