Sunday, May 20, 2007

another ending

Thank God the recital is over and done with. The Twins thoroughly enjoyed themselves on stage, especially their last number. StepDad even showed up in a clean shirt (he was working before and after the show); he was wearing a huge smile during the Twin’s three numbers. Recital has become a family event. No one even cusses at each other for the whole two hours.

Mom is now running a fever; therefore we missed church this morning. And tonight. Earlier, I took care of the Twins so Mom could rest. She and the Twins are resting. I needed to break away from everything for a week, however, I will have to settle for the hour it takes to have church.

Despite a running hatred of Milton, I bid and won a text of his on eBay. Comus should be in next week. Sure, I could get the ‘Sabrina fair’ excerpts on the internet, but I want to read the entire work. I continue to feel as though I am missing a vital piece. Bookstores only stock his collections that have portions of Paradise Lost in them. I own one anthology too many with that epic in it. While I was on eBay, I found a collection of Robert Browning at a decent price. That auction ends Tuesday or Wednesday. If this trend continues, I truly will be forced on a yarn diet—until I have more books than I could read. Mom told me (and the Maternal Grandmother agrees) that judging by my trunk stash, I am in no danger of starving of yarn. I can only hope they are right, as I am currently searching for a good collection of Yeats.