Friday, March 02, 2007

March 2

Yesterday was a really good day. After classes, I lingered in the Graduate Office and chatted with some friends. It was our last day of class before Spring Break so we were all a little nutty. Turns out everyone is going to be buried under a mountain of readings, and boy do we have a mountain on our heads. In between books, we plan to sleep.

Yesterday was also my StepBrother’s birthday. I called early in the day, wanting to catch him before school and it was a short call. Turns out he was on the way to a Birthday Breakfast at a restaurant. I am just glad he liked his birthday present. It took awhile to find books I thought he would like. He did not like that I wrote on his card, instead of printing. Oh well, at least he liked the books.

I was called in to sub this afternoon, but when I got there they had to shuffle the plates around—not enough subs. So instead of working in the class I normally get called in for, I was the Accelerated Reader Teacher. Glorified babysitting, really. I watched three different classes read for half an hour and signed off that some of students took tests. Some took to stargazing; apparently they have not yet learned how to sit still for hours on end reading.

I had planed to go buy a new pair of black shoes, but the stores were not open at 0900 when I went. Honestly, I did not want to hang about for an hour, not when I knew I had to be somewhere later. I cannot wait for this spring and I can spend an afternoon at the Botanical Garden reading, knitting, or just resting in the three hour block between my morning and evening classes. Current weather is not ideal for that at all.



PS--Hey Sis, Mom wanted you to know her cell phone is a Nokia 6030.