Tuesday, March 06, 2007

March 6

It figures. I have a stack of homework the length of my leg and a book I ordered a month ago finally came in yesterday. The Knitter’s Handbook is defiantly not a school-related text. So I could only flip through it before returning to read Early Irish Myths and Sagas. Not that this primary text is not enjoyable and I have been highlighting, underlining, and making notes in it like crazy—but this is Spring Break and I would like to read something not related to a class.

The Maternal Grandmother has been working hard all year for this next week and a half at school. Last week was a killer, getting all the classes ready to take one of those national standardized tests. Her Spring Break comes after the tests, and she will crash for the first two days. Then she’ll start on the garden while I am busy at class.

I am so glad it is Spring Break, I was about to go stir crazy. It is nice to take a breather before the load gets twice as heavy and deadlines come thrice as fast. But for now, I need to be reading some of the articles I saved on RefWorks.