Thursday, March 29, 2007

Is it April yet?

Today was the Maternal Grandmother’s long parent-teacher conference day. The Elder Twin is still climbing walls. In a land marking event, the Younger Twin can now buckle herself into her car seat; if you pull out the belt for her. Everyone here is thrilled. Life remains crazy. What else is new?

It is that time of the year again. Papers. Two 15 page papers due the week of April 15. In addition to these essays, there is the regular course work due each class. I do not even want to consider what that entitles on the 3rd for Medieval Lit (80 page primary text, 28 page secondary text, and annotated bib with 8 sources). Oh for April to have come and gone already. I love Grad School, but crunch time remains sour to the mouth and disposition. Being sick does not help matters at all.


I slipped away to the Botanical Garden on Tuesday and knocked out some reading I thought I was behind on. The garden was beautiful and the weather was perfect. Not many people were there, just some mothers with their children after school. It was perhaps, the highlight of the week thus far. My new wallpaper is to the left. I wish there was a way to see the fish that were present.


The Cobweb Shawl cannot be blocked in its current form…the top is three inches shorter than the bottom due to a tight bind-off and running out of yarn. No one but I can tell yet I am unsure if it is worth the ripping and correcting. We shall have to see. Here is a pic, just because I promised Dad I would put one up sometime.