Saturday, March 24, 2007

March something

Ok, so we were going to the Botanical Garden today. Were being the correct emphasized word. There was a basketball game on, hence the reason did became were. Ah well, I needed to read anyways.

Knight of the Burning Pestle was vastly amusing, even with a rushed ending. I loved it. Why oh why is it not performed more often? It is very family friendly, minus all the syphilis references. Despite finishing one reading, I am still 30+ pages from the end of The Travels of Sir John [de] Mandeville. Everyone else in Medieval Lit raved about how quick it read…I am in the minority of that statement.

The Elder Twin is having surgery on Monday to remove the tubes in her ear. She does not yet know that no less than four new Bernstein Bear books were bought today to kill recovery time. In fact, one of the books has four stories in it.

Everyone here is ready for the Maternal Grandmother to go back to school, including herself. She has clean and played house all week, and the family has been worked to death. I spent most of the week hiding, but that did not work out so well; as I found myself running errands and helping Mom with the Twins.

Speaking of school, guess what? I have two 15 page papers due the third week of April. Between now and then there are extra make-sure-you-are-doing-the-paper assignments, conferences, Fall registration, and the normal reading load including the weekly papers. Oh what fun we have!

So much to do tomorrow: block my blue cobweb shawl, finish reading, do some research, church, family, more reading and research, and counting down the days till Lent is over [now that my biggest project is done, I want another one but lack the yarn].