Tuesday, March 13, 2007

March 13

I have new shoes. Unlike other female members of my family, I would rather have a root canal than to go shoe shopping. But it took less than an hour to find the shoes I wanted. Admittedly, I knew beforehand what I wanted. Black sneakers that laced up, not those pulley-string-things. They look a bit like old lady shoes, however, they serve their purpose and will last until the next time I have to break down and buy new shoes.

My Renaissance Drama class was cancelled, and Medieval Lit had “No Class” on the syllabus for today. Translation: 30 minutes until my first and only class today. This never ever happens. Start checking little children’s skulls for numbers.

Much reading is on tomorrow’s agenda. That and answering phones for the real-estate company my mom works for.

Hayley Westenra’s new CD is out. The nice man at the information counter at Davis-Kidd bookstore went through the chart of new arrivals not yet on the shelf for me. Thus far, this is the only location in town that I have managed to locate her albums. I like her version of ‘Scarborough Fair’ better on Celtic Women; it has a little more driving force to it, though the violins are nice on this copy.

The Twins are at dance class right now, I wish I could be there. Sure, I am only allowed to watch the last five minutes, but watching them do the Hokey Pokey is hilarious.