Friday, June 22, 2007

A Very Good Day

Yea! My very 1st first edition came in the mail today. Ok, so it is only a U.S. first edition. Still, a first edition is a first edition. Virginia Woolf’s Flush: A Biography of Elizabeth Barret Browning’s Cocker Spinal. How cool is that? The Maternal Grandmother purchased Ms. Woolf’s sophomore novel Night and Day (a 1971 library edition) for me as well. With any luck, I shall be able to start collecting 1920’s and 30’s printings of novels. I like those copies better than new printings. They smell better and look cooler in class/parks/bookshelves. (It's a book lover's thing.)

I love Virginia Woolf. And now I own six of her books.

Anyways, I catered today for the StepPaternal Grandmother at a party for eight. Not much going on, but it was still a make-up worthy occasion.

The Maternal Grandmother and I are taking the Twins to Phonics School in the morning. Afterwards, we are going shopping for Mom a birthday present.

But the best news about today—I have a knitting date on Monday. Naturally, by then I should have ripped the Cable-Down Ragland back to where it needs to be fixed.