Monday, June 04, 2007

More Grasshoppers and Knitting

Guess what? The Grasshoppers lost again. However, we did tag members of the other team. Though most of the time the other girl had already touched the base. One little Grasshopper fell on her knee, thankfully she does not have bad knees and she should be back on her feet soon. We play a regular game tomorrow night, no more make-up games.

Yesterday I forgot to talk about the Twins’ Saturday School. Fifteen kids (with a parent-figure apiece) were in a class for phonetics. Apparently the lady in charge was wonderful and kept everyone’s attention for the full ninety minutes. Impressive.

Well, I finally became brave enough to try on the Cable-Down Raglan…and it fits! I am making the 38” though I am a 36” so it is a little loose but that is quite alright. Especially given that the one in Interweave Knits looks a bit big on the model.

I’ve thrown a shawl for the Elder Twin on the needles, since it will not require much concentration. The Younger Twin will have one as well (she also wants a dress but we’ll see). Maybe this will keep them from wearing my shawl, I can only hope.

Another project I have put-off and finally (almost) completed was gluing all the Table of Contents from my knitting magazines on a piece of cardstock. I now have a list of all my patterns on approximately twenty pages, front and back. Now to get them laminated and put in a folder. Making a picture chart for the girls really spurred this one on.

Summer Reading is at a standstill, as Locke has proven a denser read than I first thought it would. The only thing keeping me from the temptation to skim the blasted thing is knowing I will only have to reread it in the Fall. Better now than then. Now if only I could slowly back away from those little collection of knitting essays. That would force me to finish Locke a might sooner. Yet not even I have that much will power. A self bribe might be in order, though that would mean a break from my resolve not to buy any new books or yarn until July.

Ooooh! Helmut Lotti’s ‘Greensleeves’ just came up on my iTunes. Life is good.