Saturday, June 16, 2007

and the day ends...finally

Yea! I am half way through the Poetic Edda. Talk about wonderful. I will not bore anyone with the details, save to say it is well worth the read.

The Local Family went out to eat as an early Father’s Day dinner. And somehow the Maternal Grandparents and I have the Twins for a second night in a row. They (and myself) are extremely tired. Why? Because we had a dirt party this afternoon. Two loads of dirt, a sprinkler, and a mock swimming pool. There were fifteen very happy kids. All the moms at church who do not let their children play anything where they might get dirty actually allowed their poor, deprived children to play. Three boys in particular (each whom, at various points has wanted to marry the Elder Twin, the current boy plans to live with her in Noah’s Ark) wanted to stay forever; they were even building a tunnel in one of the dirt piles to hide. I did not have the heart to point out the obvious flaws of their plan…their mothers could do that later.

A friend from my Undergraduate University came to town for the occasion. She has since left. Besides getting lost and locking her keys in her car, the two of us went to The Yarn Studio early in the day. I have no problem buying yarn with no usage in mind. When it wants to be something, it will let me know. Until then it stays rent-free in the stash. My friend, on the other hand, does not have this issue. Everything has to have a project. Obviously, some of her stash yarn is behind in its rent.