Sunday, June 24, 2007

sunday afternoon

Ah! I need a break—at least from reading another page of Erasmus. That’s right; I finished The Poetic Edda yesterday and have moved on to In Praise of Folly. Thin little volumes of texts my Profs assign me to read now seriously scare me. More material appears to be stuffed into each and every page long paragraph; and Profs have more time to cover said paragraphs (getting through 70 pages instead of 500). I am so glad I decided to read these things early.

Thanks to some friendly knitters at the Knitty Coffeeshop, I am going ahead with the frogging back to the middle of the first waist cable on the Cable-Down Raglan. This has been a hard choice to make, but they are right: it would bother me and I want it to look nice. With any luck at all, this will happen before my knitting date tomorrow. It’s kinda like a play date, but for knitters. Whenever I am finally finished with this pullover, I need to get started on another big project; like a dress for a five year old. I have already finished one shawl for the Twins and I need to cast on the other one sometime this week.

Today is Mom’s birthday. We went shopping yesterday and bought enough hand soap and lotion to last a year. Seriously, now I have no idea where to take the Twins shopping other than Bath & Body Works. My Sister sent Mom a new video recorder. I was playing/testing it out and now have footage of the girls cutting Mom’s birthday cake to send Sister. As soon as I install the program on the computer.

Puppy did not want to come inside the house when we left for Church this morning and was caught outside in the rain. Therefore, all afternoon I have been reading beside a wet dog. It has not been one of our most cherished memories of Puppy. But she is still my favorite Puppy, even if she did just eat the last two bits of the birthday cake I had on my plate.

So, two weeks ago I had the urge to hear a harpsichord. A Bach harpsichord, to be exact. Last week, I wanted to hear a cello in something Italian. Now, both Bach and Vivaldi take up most of my iShuffle. Helmut, Hayley Westenra, and a few selections from Beethoven and Mozart fill the count up nicely.

The Preacher’s last sermon was nice…I hope he likes his new congregation.