Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Weekend of Wedding Parties

So, Rina’s meet-n-greet wedding party went well today. Her future MIL and MIL’s best friend are pretty cool. First wedding of children for all families involved, so MIL is having a blast shopping and planning for it. She kinda sees Rina as a member of the family already and is genially fond of Rina. Which makes me feel great, after all, she is like a cousin to me and if she insist on living and having the wedding 4 hours away from us then she at least has a mom figure she can go to. And the groom and his friends are going to help with the heavy jobs—volunteered by MIL and Rina. I have been given the job to monitor the sales at local craft stores. As in the places that also sale yarn. It’s like asking the kid to step in the candy store every now and then to look at what’s new. This should be fun. ^_^

While one of Rina’s friends entertained the twins and the moms and Rina were talking wedding, I cleaned my sister’s room (a catch all room since she joined the Navy). I did some major overhauling and now we can see the floor and get from one end to the other. After everyone left, I helped mom clean the rest of the house for Rebecca’s wedding shower tomorrow. I have already promised to wear a skirt to this thing, shock of all shock, so I do have to show up. I am so ready for all these wedding stuffs to be done and over with.

Despite the fact my textbooks were due in from BarnesandNoble.com yesterday, they did not show up. Right now it is bouncing around from one place to another. I plan to start reading the novels tomorrow, but I would like to look at the theory book sometime soon. I did, however, get started on my grandpa’s vest for Christmas so the day was not a complete loss.


As much as I would love to chat, I was sistered by the twins who had no nap today. Preschoolers need naps daliy, if only for their older sister's sanity.