Thursday, August 03, 2006

Today part deux

Puppy prissed around the house and yard for awhile after her new haircut; but now she is lying beside me in bed wondering why I am not giving her any attention. Why does a simple cut always take 20 lbs off her? Must be the cocker spaniel in her; I know it is not the lab.

And why does August always remind me to email everyone? Every year without fail, I lose touch with people after May or June. But come August, I’m chatting with all my friends? I think it is the whole ‘back to class’ atmosphere, and knowing that I won’t see them this term has strengthened the desire to email them.

Apparently, my stepmom is having some outpatient procedure done tomorrow morning. I would not have known about it at all if I had not called my paternal grandma this afternoon. I was sitting around the house, knitting her Christmas present when the urge to call her struck. I wonder why dad didn’t tell me about it when we talked on Tuesday.

Speaking of that grandma (after all, there are four of them now),one of my WIP (work in progress) is a wrap for her Christmass.

As of this moment, it is about halfway done if I go by how many stitches I should have. I didn’t take the time to gauge it out, so it is bigger than it should be at this point (as in, it is 5 inches shorter than it is suppose to be). However, it is a wrap so it should work anyways. I know I should be working on the other train hat. But I wanted something I did not have to count stitches on and this fit the bill. I love the way it looks.