Friday, August 11, 2006

2 Bad Days and 1 Good One

Well. Today was infinitely better than the last two; despite the hangover from the heavy meds the ER nurses gave me. That’s right, ER.

I worked 14 hours straight on Wednesday, after working 8 hours earlier this week prepping the stupid thing. All the stress and smoke triggered a migraine yesterday, which was then made worse by a sinus infection. When the Matriarchs of the family came into my room and saw me hurled up crying; they rushed me to the ER where it took 2 hours for the pain-relief IV to kick in. Then the nurses had me do a CAT scan. Not a fun time.

Needless to say, with Grad-school coming up and all; I took an early resignation. I don’t want to go through another day like yesterday. I can’t go through another day like that.

On the bright side of today, my KnitPick yarn came in plus two of the six books I need for classes. Yea! So after I finish the other train hat (I know, I know it’s still not done), I’ll be ready to make some Christmas knits.