Thursday, August 17, 2006

Wed night gossip

Ok someone needs to help me understand female logic, because the church gossip last night left me more than a little confused.


Rina, a girl I grew up with, is set to marry Jan 13. Wedding dress picked out, site booked, reception planned, decorations decided. All of which is cool, setting aside the thought she is getting hitched. The matron of honor recently set a date (with a guy she’s known less than a month). Guess when? Jan 6. The popular theory behind the quick engagement is that she is trying to outdo Rina. This chick is currently attending a rather expensive Christian college and plans to live near the state capital with the groom.

Interesting bit of gossip: the boy has been married once before and does not pay child-support. And Rina’s matron of honor plans on spending the rest of her life with him: since divorce is the greatest sin according to the family and will probably led to disownment. All this to outdo a rather nice, if somewhat ditsy, girl.

Well, I'm off to go take some pictures. I will show you the finished train hats after while. Finally, I am done with the train hats!