Saturday, September 15, 2007

wow, a new post

Like Joseph Conrad's novel Chance, this week has dragged on forever and ends just when things are getting interesting. I did finish that text and need to start James Joyce's Ulysses; but first comes the 85 pages of Michel Foucault's The Archaeology of Knowledge.

Knit Night at Stash was fun, I rewarded myself for the work done on my thesis thus far by buying Folk Style from Interweave Knits. This created the idea of a deadline and rewards system; which I really need to plot out. And soon.

Friday was interesting, mainly because I took one of my happy pills instead of my migraine medicine the night before. I was tired, to put it very mildly. An hour later, when I became unsure of which pill I took; I opted not to take anything else and get back on schedule Friday night. The pill mix up resulted in the inability to sort books by a 'W' author, a horrible migraine and all that comes with it, and a really great disposition when I stopped by the Twins' Kindergarten class. Their afternoon sub, Mom, and I helped 12 kindergarteners to make cookies in the shape of the letter 'C'. I got there before Mom and entertained everyone until she came. I am now the proud big sister of a kindergarten class.

My life is now complete.