Thursday, September 27, 2007

thank god!

It stormed nearly all night. And we needed it, though it probably did not do the cotton any good at all. On my drive this past weekend, I noticed there was fields and fields of cotton that had not been picked yet.

In other news, the girls wore non-dress up dresses for their pictures. The Elder Twin did have on a lot of make-up and wanted to put more on for the picture. The teacher told her no. I don't blame her, The Elder Twin can put on pounds of lip-gloss and still want more.

Today is my really long day, though I am hoping to call it quits early. Mom has bronchitis and with her immune system still weak, this is not a good thing at all. And it turns out I do not have a copy of Joyce's Ulysses. I have the companion guide. I knew it was too easy to read. Now I have to go buy a real Ulysses and read it before Wednesdays. This is on top of my two presentations next week. How do I manage to do this to myself?

The big fall festival at the Methodist Church is this weekend. I wonder if I can skip this year.