Saturday, September 08, 2007

Is this week over yet?

So. Tired.

Yesterday I helped the Matriarch Librarian finish taking all the AR books off the shelves. Monday, we get to shelve them in a new order. Yea team (yes, that was sarcasm just like this is.) I spent the afternoon aiding the 'total care' special education room. That was just emotionally draining. More so than I expected. Mom, StepDad, the Twins, and I went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant but we had a really bad waiter. The whole dinner lasted over an hour. No drinks, no cheese dip, cold food, no sign of him. Nothing happened if the owner did not come by and check on our table. We were there so long, that Karaoke Night got started and all the high school students were starting to show up and dance. The Twins and other kids their age were starting to get pushed off the dance floor. I had to leave, the noise and lights were giving me a migraine. Needless to say, it will be awhile before we go back.

I have had an after-migraine all day, meaning I've been sluggish among other things. The local Quota Club that the Maternal Grandmother had their annual yard-sale this morning. I picked up 10 vintage issues of a magazine called The Workbasket. It has some knitting in it, but other stuff as well. At 10 cents an issue, I call that a bargain. I also missed Princesses on Ice, though the Twins loved it and want to see it again, like right now. Originally I was going, but I opted to go to see the Paternal Grandmother. By the time that plan fell through, someone else was going. It would have been too much for me today anyways.

It's raining, for the 3rd or 4th time this week. Though this is the first semi-storm of the group. We need it bad. Glad I did most of the weeding for the StepPaternal Grandmother today instead of waiting.

Well, this was suppose to be a quick update. Maybe next time.