Monday, September 03, 2007

ah!

What a weekend. And we have an extra day of it.

Saturday there was a memorial service for a friend of Mom and the Maternal Grandmother. I watched the Twins, naturally enough. The service was said to be moving and there were more people than what was expected. She was a nice lady who died of cancer, of the lymph nodes (I think). Mom thought the services would only last 20 minutes, but it lasted 90.
Nothing major happened at the house during that time, other than my loss of sanity. A kid from across the street came over and played. After she left, The Twins put on swimsuits and swam in a big basin in the side yard. Once inside, I turned on some cartoon show and held them. Obviously, little knitting was completed and no class reading whatsoever.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon preparing some general information on J M Barrie for Wednesday’s presentation. It was so hard to find consistent dates on things. Once source said Better Dead was his first professional play in 1888, another claimed there were a handful of plays prior to this date and play. All this shifting took a while. But it is done. Now to outline some discussion questions, and read for my other classes; then homework for the week will be done. Oh, and last night, I finished weaving in all the ends to the Elder Twin’s skirt. It is now officially done. I’ll give it to her now before she out grows it.

We are on our way out the door to help the StepPaternal Grandmother sort and put up books. I might slip away to Stash (after all, there is sale) and a pet store to get a goldfish to replace the one we had to flush on Saturday. However, there is a large amount of homework to do; most of it preparation for future classes.

Tomorrow, I shall have to book it back home after classes. The Twins BFFs are spending the afternoon and night. The BFFs’ dad is coming home from Iraq for a month, and Mom is watching the girls to give the dad a night to decompress before heading this way. Mom is also having her eyes dilated and with her fake lens, it takes awhile for her to see straight. Which is why it looks like I will be watching The Quad tomorrow.