Saturday, November 04, 2006

Nov 4

This is definitely a weekend for parties:

First there was a birthday party for an eight year old who knows the Twins from dance (and her grandmother knows my Maternal Grandmother). Small gathering, but everyone enjoyed themselves. The cake was wonderful. And I made excellent progress on a scarf, as all my other projects require paying attention to the pattern. Another lady was there cross-stitching so I wasn’t out of place.

Then there was a ‘Season Shower’ (she got holiday themed gifts, mostly Christmas) for my buddy getting married in December. I took pictures while the Twins and another kid un-wrapped the gifts for the bride-to-be. This is the second of many showers of hers I’ve attended and each time, I end up with the camera. Thank the stars they’ve hired a photographer for the wedding and that I am not a bridesmaid. This thing is going to be huge and I’d rather not have to play nice to everyone while wearing a dress that about 10 other girls are wearing. No, instead I’ll be running around like mad helping out as needed.

And tomorrow, there is a regular wedding shower for the friend getting married in January. The Twins have already told her they are helping her tomorrow with her presents; while I plan on chatting up the soon-to-be-mom-in-law. She fits in nicely to our chaos here (translation: she’s pretty cool). Again, I don’t have to wear an ugly bridesmaid dress; I’ll be wearing the only costume I have: a Renaissance dress. If I’m going all the way to Nashville for her, I’m wearing what I want to.

But for tonight, I plan on watching a movie while I finish up Mom’s first mitten. She’s trying it on for size in the morning. It has knit up quicker than I thought it would—always a good thing.