Sunday, September 17, 2006

Weekend Update

Yesterday was hectic; I now have the experience of eating lunch with a four year old in my lap whose plates take up our side of the table. But it was the only way we could get the child to enter the restaurant. Then there was the church get-together at our house, I thought it was for today and I am glad the Maternal Grandmother knew better. Otherwise we would have had a truck load of people and not enough food.

Today has been nice, if one overlooks the wisdom tooth pain. The Maternal Grandmother and I went shopping for a new pair of jeans. Of course that meant we needed shirts to go with the jeans and she picked up a new winter coat. Now that I have new jeans, the time has come to trash the pair that is falling apart. And just when they were getting good and comfortable.

Tomorrow is already full: call the dentist, take someone to work, take a mentor to school, finish up a Christmas knit, write a summery of Nietzsche, read Harriet Jacobs, and write a journal entry for Women in Lit. Believe it or not, Nietzsche is not the easiest person to sum up in a page.