Saturday, September 30, 2006

I'm Back...

...if only for a short time.

Thru night’s Women N Lit class was enjoyable. The discussion over the book was very active and lively. The video we watched in the last ½ of class just kept dragging on. I could have sworn it lasted more than an hour, despite what the time told me. One of my new buddies in that class lives on the other side of campus across several busy streets and knowing my Grandmothers would feel better about my night class if someone walked with me to the car; I now have a buddy and she now has a ride. Everyone wins this round.

My teeth are now out, the anticipation of it was worse than anything. I asked for the gas when I was put in the chair, so when they put the IV in I was already half out. I still cried when they were prepping me for the IV but the nurse was really nice and put her hand on my knee. The dentist wanted to count to 3, thinking I would feel better and I told him not to tell me. He was going to show me the needle after he took it out but I kept my eyes closed. The next thing I know, I’m stumbling down the hall—I don’t even remember putting my glasses back on.

The painkillers are great at putting me to sleep. I’m even feeling well enough to think about going to the Hullabaloo. If I do, I probably won’t stay long.

If anything good came out of staying in bed all afternoon, it would be that I am nearly finished with Stepsister No 2’s Christmas knit. And I get to look at the pretty plant and balloon my Dad sent. The bad part was, the left part of my mouth bleed a lot. But it’s good now. I’m chewing and talking very carefully for the next few days.