Monday, September 25, 2006

A Very Busy Monday

I read “The Museum of Kitschy Stitches” by Stitchy McYarnpants this weekend. It was hilarious; I recommend it even to non-knitters. Sadly, some of the patterns it laughed at were some the Maternal Grandmother liked. I was scared.

The teeth are not causing near the pain they did last week but the appointments have been made and there is no sense of backing out now. They have to come out or be dealt with eventually.

Part of my homework this week was to read the chapter of Feminist Criticism in Lois Tyson’s “Critical Theory Today: A User-Friendly Guild.” Not a bad broad overview but I do not agree with some of the points. But this is not that unusual.

I went with Mom and the Younger Twin to the doctor today. We came back with a very large plush unicorn. The kid dragged it around the store and did not put it down for anything. I would have gone with the smaller one, if only to avoid the battle of why you can’t take it to church and school. Mom wants to leave it here at the Maternal Grandparents, which won’t happen if I can manage it.

Now back to homework…