Friday, September 08, 2006

Bad words. Very bad words.

I thought I would have the day to goof off and study. No. I was asked to work at the same place I was last Friday. Not fun at all. I was able to do some studying already, but I really wanted my head to cave in so I have a legitimate excuse to go home. Yesterday was much fun; the classes are defiantly getting better. The work load is more than I thought it would be but less than I was told to expect.

For my Lit Research class, my seminar paper topic was approved with conditions. Yea. I plan on looking at Ariel (The Tempest) and Puck (Midsummer Nights Dream) and comparing their attitudes towards their masters. Naturally, I’ll be looking at it through a Marxist lens and my prof reminded me to look at Postcolonial-ism as well. Ok. So I am a Lit dork who is quickly coming out of the massive Shakespeare closet.

In the world of knitting, I have started the front of my maternal grandfather’s vest, a purple shawl, and ordered two more skeins of the purple lace yarn. Like I need more yarn, well in this case I do but the principle remains.

So this weekend: take step-paternal grandma to the movies, watch the used DVD I bought last weekend, knit, church, study, and start dog-sitting for one of mom’s coworkers (hey, a broke grad student always needs a little extra cash and there is that Lotti CD…).