Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Theories

Hmm…all the Structure Theory stuff is enough to make my head hurt. Granted, not much help is need in that department but the comment/feeling stands. A good majority of these theories feels like philosophy on some level. The prof helped explain the rougher parts but I still left class in a blur. Af/Am Lit rocked this morning. Sojourner Truth is one of my favorite orators of all time and something about her Narrative/‘Book of Life’/Memorable Chapter clicked when I was reading it. One of the PhD students and I did the most commenting but we did let others speak.

In other news, it seems another good friend of mine (m’lord Oberon as it were) is thinking about planning a trip down the aisle. Alas, another one is lost to us. Five to be exact. Seriously, I am ecstatic for her as this guy sounds like someone that is good for her and to her. This is a long time coming for many of us and she is beyond lucky to have found him so soon. It will probably be an even longer time for me; however, I am not even concerned with looking for it now. Let those who have found their happiness take it and enjoy.

Now why can Lit Theories be as simple as this?