Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the turkey needs an aspirin

Oh, wait. It's dead. I'll take his.

Yep, you guessed it. I had one hell of a migraine this week. Monday to be precise, there I was watching little children read (yep, I was subbing too) and my head starts to throb. By the time I got home, it was a level three (cold dark room, no electricity, fetal position, crying).

I tried my best to go to class the next day, but had to come home before 9:00. In fact, the engine was still warm when I got to the car. Good for me, the Maternal Grandfather drove me to Memphis SnB that night.

Which is where my friend the LeftOutKnitter told me to just post my scarf pattern. That since I was not inspired by any particular pattern or had seen it and figured it out; then the pattern was mine to post. So after this, I'll put it up on Ravelry.

I still do not feel like me (maybe I should have let the Family take me to the hospital). However, I had a lovely day shopping with Mom in the morning and working at Stash in the afternoon. That's right, I now work for store credit at a yarn shop. Mom and the Maternal Grandparents will have to pay for me to quit.

Anyways, here is my completed scarf and pattern for it, just in case you knit.


Pattern for Quick-y Cable Scarf:
width: approx 4.5 inches
length: approx 60 inches
gauge: none, it is a scarf
needles: US size 9/ 5.5 mm
yarn: provided without information. 2 skeins of a teal, bulky wool yarn was used. I am guessing about 22o yards total, but it is hard to guess.

Row 1: (P2, K2)x2, (P2, K4)x2, (P2, K2)x2, P2
Row 2: (K2, P2)x2, (K2, P4)x2, (K2, P2)x2, K2
Row 3: repeat Row 1
Row 4: repeat Row 2
Row 5: (P2, K2)x2, P2, C4F, P2, C4B, (P2, K2)x2, P2
Row 6: repeat Row 2
Row 7: repeat Row 1
Row 8: repeat Row 2