Sunday, November 18, 2007

i'm not quite dead sir...

Just the first bout with SAD of the season. Still not really over it just yet, but I do have my moments. No, really I do. Like the times I felt like myself and not like crying.

Classes were alright, I have to show up with a rough draft in Kid Lit on Tuesday. I present next Wed for Mod Brit Novel. And have three papers due the week after that. I feel like quiting knitting to take up chain-smoking; I would hate for my wool to smell like smoke. Even though I said I would never knit for money, both my camera and iShuffle are wearing out on me. The camera can wait, I can fed it batteries when I need to. Charge will not help the fact that only one side of my (new) earphones has sound. Hence, I did not turn down a commission when the owner of Stash asked me if I was interested. One of the two scarves is nearly finished and the other should not take long at all.

In Twin News:
It was the Elder Twin's week to be star student, an honor that comes with being line leader of the week. Her poster was completely parent-free and her life story was typed by an outside contractor, on of Matriarch SLW was on a computer at the time and dictated. The paragraph contains sentences like: "I hope everyone and God have a great day." "I always love anybody." and my favorite, "[The Maternal Grandmother] says I'm going to grow up to be a Warrior Queen." Friday, as Mom was driving the Twins home, the Younger Twin called her daddy: "It's a sad day. Sissy is no longer the line leader." Tough break. Anyways, next week it is the Younger Twin's turn.

Which reminds me, I need to get stuff together to do next Friday. I have been asked to come as the Younger Twin's special person and talk to the class. (The Elder Twin had her Paternal [my Step-] Grandmother and our Maternal Grandfather come.) Since the Younger wants me to talk about knitting, I'm thinking I need to bring a drop spindle. So what if I don't know how to spin? It would be so cool.

In Pet News:
Cable has taken to eating Puppy's food. Puppy has taken to eating Cable's food. No wonder they're having digestive problems. Cable can safely climb most places in the house and the Older Cat is tolerating the new family member much better.