Thursday, April 05, 2007

Last night, the family went to the carnival instead of church. Even the Maternal Grandmother skipped. Gasp and shock. It was fun. I went up with the Twins on the Farris Wheel since no one else would but it got me out of the Bumper Cars so I could catch up with someone I hadn’t seen since Girl Scouts.

This week has been really long. My prof shot down my second paper proposal but finally approved something. “He with the most madness wins,” looking at Bartholomew Fair and Shoemaker’s Holiday. By that time, if I hung around another ten minutes I could attend a Grad/Faculty Q&A with Louis Menand. So I worked on a scarf project that was in my backpack and listened to Menand talk about research and writing methods he uses. That was cool. Too bad I could not attend the lecture tonight or that I did not have time to pick up a book for him to sign. But I heard him speak at a Grad/Faculty Q&A. That should count for something. Oh, and I got cleared to resister on Monday. Yea me!

Mom called me around lunch when I was stressing and pressed for time. By the time I processed what she told me it did not make sense. The Maternal Grandmother went in for a regular heart checkup (which she did not tell me about). While she was there, they looked at a vein in her neck and became excited. She spent the afternoon at the hospital for a dye test and talks to a surgeon on Wednesday. Other than that, no one knows anything. The preacher lectured Mom about not being at the hospital, but the Maternal Grandmother did not want anyone there. The Maternal Grandfather deified orders and showed up. Like I said, it did not process until the ordeal was nearly over.