Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Catch Up

This weekend was a bit of a blur. Papers. Wedding reception for the preacher’s daughter. Papers. Movie with classmates. Papers. Easter. Papers. Church. Papers. I am starting to detect a pattern here.

I subbed on Monday and registered for classes. Getting up before the sun is only worth it if one can get in to all the required classes. I did, hence the effort must have been worth it.

Yesterday, I workshopped the Medieval Lit paper…all nine pages of it. I conference it with the prof tomorrow at 10:00. Not too surprisingly, I escaped campus for an hour at the Botanical Gardens. Yes, I read for Renaissance Drama at the same time. But it was a nice cool day with overcast so the Gardens were not overrun with after-schoolchildren until I was leaving. Somehow, Shakespeare is better when read outside. I know; how could Shakespeare get any better outside of a theater performance? But it is true. Also true is the Canadian geese there have absolutely no fear. I was close enough to touch several. Like these gentlemen.

My classmates were not overly surprised to see me pull out my knitting during the movie. They thought it was strange that I could not see well enough to find a seat but I could knit while watching 300. I confirmed that my hands do not have eyes, only my face. The same people are interested to see what the prof’s expression will be tomorrow night when we go as a class to see As You Like It.

It seems everyone in the family went to the doctor's today. The Maternal Grandmother goes back on the 26th for another test. They have also penciled in surgery on that date. Good news for the Elder Twin: her JRA (Jr. Rheumatoid Arthritis) is looking a lot better, though she still has it.

The Twins started t-ball this week. The Elder enjoyed herself to bits. The Younger played in the sand after her turn at bat. Apparently all 10 girls on the team had fun.