Monday, April 23, 2007

Catch Up...Again

I ran away from home this weekend. It was very last minute. No computer or books, which was lovely. Of course that meant I came home early to complete homework. Ah well, only this week and next week. And all the things I have to do between now and the end. Not to mention the reading I have over the summer. One of my Fall classes has a book list out, and I only have about half the material. After examining the prices for the texts she is going to give out as hand-outs, I think I shall not buy them at all. One alone cost close to $40.

The Younger Twin was happy to see me; the Elder was too busy with a dirt pile to notice who was around and who was not. I was shortly abandoned by both of them to plant flowers. No big. At least Puppy was ecstatic to see me.

The Maternal Grandmother’s test/surgery has been pushed back a week, doctor’s choice not hers. Another week of delaying the inevitable is all it amounts to. Now I can enjoy the Celtic Women’s concert on Friday without having her in the hospital. Like there is anything I could do when she is there, but one does feel as though one should be there to do nothing. This also means I will be out of classes for the surgery.

All of my yarn from KnitPicks has been wound, despite me. I love having a reeling machine and ball winder, it saves so much sanity over here. I have given in and started knitting up socks again. Knitting socks just proves I love to inflict pain on myself. To balance out, I am knitting up some stash yarn into hats. Lots and lots of hats, ok so I only have about twelve. They are a great way to test out colors and textures on a larger scale than a washcloth.

Mom, the Maternal Grandmother, and the Paternal Grandmother all recommend me not knitting for the entire DC family. They point to the fact that we do not have a great deal of interaction and finding things to fit size and personality are difficult enough. I plan to finish two larger projects I have already started on, and then only knit for the younger two out there before taking their advice. Besides, I have not knitted a single stitch for charities or silent auctions this year. I enjoy doing that kind of stuff as opposed to just sending money.