Saturday, April 14, 2007

I am taking a short break from papers. This one for Renaissance Drama has got to be the worst one I’ve ever written. The reason? No motivation whatsoever. I am almost halfway through the first draft. Tomorrow afternoon is nothing but revision of it—should I ever get through the first draft. I know what I want to say, just not how to say it where it makes any sort of sense at all.

The only thing keeping me sane at this point is…knitting. No surprise there. I have been working very hard on a coif (that is the hood of chain mail armor) that one of my Medieval Lit buddies asked me to make for her nephew. Their family does a Ren Fest. I have learned so much from this project. Originally, I was going to modify a vintage ski hood but the gauge, needle size, yarn, and size was all wrong and I realized that it was not going to work in the time I have. So, I made up a pattern. It was not working like I wanted it to. Now, I am simply figuring it out as I go along; like where to add stitches and how to do it in the moss stitch pattern I am using.

The Younger Twin has not been feeling well at all. I know this because she has been whinny and cries at just about everything. The Maternal Grandmother is trying to rest up, as the mandatory state tests are being given next week at the local public schools.

Ah well. Back to papers.